The Z33 is Cyan’s packet-optical transport platform (P-OTP) optimized for edge and aggregation networks. The mid-size Z33 system balances modular flexibility with low costs, providing a compelling and efficient approach to scaling network capacity at the edge while simplifying planning and operations.
The Z33 supports the full range of Z-Series Ethernet, wavelength, OTN, and SONET/SDH modules to enable plug-and-pay multi-service switching, aggregation, grooming, and transport. Service modules also support pluggable SFPs/XFPs for media and reach flexibility.
- Compact P-OTP optimized for edge and aggregation networks
- Modular platform supports plug-and-play Carrier Ethernet 2.0, wavelength, OTN, and SONET/SDH
- Scalable architecture integrates 100 Gigabit Ethernet (100GbE) packet, 100G coherent transport, and 96-channel 100G ROADM – scaling to greater than 10 Tbps/fiber
- Comprehensive optical multiplexing, transponding, muxponding and ROADM options simplify the transition from 10G to 100G coherent transport
- High-performance packet switching and transport modules support 1/10 GbE, 100 GbE, and ODU-4 service aggregation
- Connection-oriented Ethernet (COE) ensure more manageable, resilient, and predictable Ethernet transport
- Environmentally-hardened system ideally suited for deployments in remote cabinets
- Carrier-grade design provides no single point of failure and supports hitless upgrades
- Connection-oriented Ethernet (COE) ensures more manageable, resilient, and predictable Ethernet transport
- Complements Cyan’s Z22, Z77, and Blue Planet to provide a cohesive solution extending from the edge to the core
Compact and Scalable Design
The 5RU-high Z33 provides 6 multi-service slots plus two common control modules in a compact 19” (483 mm)-wide chassis. The Z33 is also an environmentally-hardened system, making it ideally suited for deployments in remote cabinets to support high-performance applications including backhaul of broadband triple play and 3G/4G wireless services, as well as Carrier Ethernet service aggregation. With support for full equipment and network protection as well as 100 Gbps of protected throughput per slot, the Z33 design sets new industry benchmarks for functionality and scalability. And the Cyan Z33 is fully supported by Cyan's revolutionary Blue Planet SDN Platform to streamline operations and simplify multi-layer management.
100G Packet + Optical Industry-First
The compact Z33 platform converges optional 100GbE packet switching and transport, 100G coherent optical transponding and muxponding, and a 96 channel ROADM capable of transmitting 10Tbps on a single fiber. Unlike competitive solutions, this means service providers and data center operators are assured that a single platform will satisfy all requirements for inter-connecting packet and optical networks at 10G and/or 100G rates, while aggregating and transporting wavelength and Ethernet services with optimal efficiency. As an added benefit, the Z-Series 100 GbE packet, 100G coherent transport, and 96-channel ROADM modules support single-slot designs and pluggable CFP and SFP interfaces to ensure space-savings and flexible connectivity.
Carrier Ethernet 2.0
The Z-Series CE 2.0 solution offers a compelling alternative to traditional Ethernet switching and routing architectures for the aggregation and transport of Ethernet services. Cyan’s Z-Series was among the first products to achieve CE 2.0 certification from the Metro Ethernet Forum (MEF), ensuring that the platform enables cost-effective Ethernet service delivery with carrier-grade capabilities such as QoS, scalability, reliability, and service management. Beyond CE 2.0, the Z-Series platforms deliver non-blocking, line-rate 1/10 GbE and 100 GbE switching, as well as standards-based COE to provide more resilient and predictable Ethernet transport. These enhancements overcome the performance limitations found with traditional layer 2/3 Ethernet solutions, allowing network operators to build cost-efficient, performance-assured networks optimized for the delivery of deterministic E-Line, E-LAN, E-Tree, and E-Access services. The Blue Planet SDN platform further enhances the solution with A-to-Z multi-vendor provisioning and end-to-end circuit visualization to simplify service orchestration and ongoing network operations.
Cyan Blue Planet and Z-Series
The Cyan Blue Planet SDN Platform provides open, multi-vendor orchestration for multiple layers across the WAN and naturally provides excellent element, network and services level management for Z-Series P-OTPs. Customers use Blue Planet software for multi-layer visualization of end-to-end network connections. Planet Design enables you to see performance, scalability, and resiliency implications while in the network design phase. Planet Operate provides 3D multi-layer network status and relationships between fibers, wavelengths, and any associated aggregation and service layers as well as integrated multi-vendor, multi-domain orchestration. Planet View provides multi-layer performance monitoring and SLA assurance. Finally, Planet Inventory provides full-featured asset and circuit inventory reporting and verification capabilities.